Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm being sucked in!

I've come to the realization that I cannot escape sports. My husband has become a much bigger fan then when we first got married. I've accepted this. The only way to deal with it is to watch with him. Otherwise we wouldn't see much of each other. Usually during regular season I can get away with convincing the husband to do something else then watch sports. But during the playoffs it's a whole different ballgame. He has to watch IT ALL! And now with our new HD tv he loves it even more. Have I mentioned how much of a HD snob he is? He's actually inviting our friends over to watch tonight's game because last week he had to watch 1/2 of the Jazz game in non-HD. Oh the horror!

Anyways. The reason for this post is while watching the playoffs with the husband I've noticed a lot of ugly players. I hope this doesn't make me seem shallow. But this is my form of entertainment while watching the game -- yes I make fun of the players. I also make fun of the announcers. I'm always teasing the Husband about how the announcers talk dirty. Example: Yesterday during the L.A. Lakers -v- Denver Nugget game the announcer was talking about the coach and how if they lost he was going to pack up his nuggets. Okay it was late and I thought it was funny they said nuggets.

This is my list so far of the ugly players of the NBA. So far the list is only the teams that we've/I've watched during the playoffs. I'm sure there are others and I'm sure people will disagree with me.

Sam Cassell - Boston Celtics (tell me he doesn't look like an alien!)



Pau Gasol - L.A. Lakers (I'm sure with a hair cut he looks like a regular human being but to me he looks like a Sasquatch)


Dirk Nowitzki - Dallas Maverick (One ugly man!)
Tracy McGrady - Houston Rockets (this one I must admit I'm just bias against. The Jazz are currently playing the Rockets in the playoffs and he's just dumb. Did anyone see his interview when he couldn't pronounce Darron Williams! But I chose him not only for his lack of intelligence but also his droopy eyes. Get some sleep!)


DerMar Johnson - San Antonio Spurs (there is nothing wrong physically with this guy. He's actually a good looking guy. But the headband HAS GOT TO GO! It's way to big for his small head!)


And my most hated player of the NBA:

Tim Duncan! I can't stand this man. Every call on the court he has something to complain about. You fouled... move on! He's just the biggest baby. I started noticing this last year during the playoffs and it's definitely continued this year.



And my favorite both in looks and how he plays:

Steve Nash - My husband will disagree with both assessments but I like Steve Nash. I chose him as my favorite when he was a rookie and he ended up getting two MVP's in a row! That's my guy. And to make it even better he's Canadian! And I think he's cute!



1 comment:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

You!are cracking me.up!